Looking to improve your balance, postural stability, proprioception (e.g. reflexes) and coordination?
Then you should definitely try the Theraband Stability Trainers
The Theraband Stability Trainers are oval-shaped, high-quality tools that help ensure an effective and progressive system of balance training. They are made of heavy-duty PVC, and molded in closed-cell foam with an anti-slip ridged surface.
They are suitable for:
- Balance and proprioception training
- Core, upper and lower extremity strength and stability training
- Ankle range of motion and flexibility training
- Sensorimotor training
- Closed kinetic chain exercises
- Targeted injury prevention and strengthening
There are several exercises that you can perform with the use of stability trainers. Also, they can be combined with several fitness tools, which expands the range of exercises you can perform. Following we present you six exercises with stability trainers and additional equipment.
- Stand next to a sturdy object in an upright posture with both feet on the Stability Trainers
- By holding the object slowly bend one leg so that your balance on the opposite leg
- Maintain good posture and if you feel comfortable try not to hold the object
- Hold for 10-15 seconds and then repeat with the opposite site
This exercise is similar to the previous one, but it’s a more advanced level exercise.
- Stand with one leg on the Stability Trainer
- Keep your back and neck in a neutral position and maintain an upright posture
- Stay in that position as long as you can, then switch legs and repeat
- Stand with both feet on foam Stability Trainers
- Use a sturdy object for support if needed
- Close your eyes as your balance improves, to make the balance exercise more challenging
Band Loop Hip Abduction
- Stand with a Medium Theraband Loop around your ankles and stand on a Stability Trainer to challenge balance
- Kick your leg outward while keeping your knees straight
- Hold and slowly return
- Repeat with the opposite leg
FlexBar Single Leg Stance Oscillation
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, you arms alongside your body, with chest lifted and open
- Your back and trunk remain straight with belly in tight. Keep your stance leg straight, but not locked, with the foot planted on the Stability Trainer
- Grasp the end on a FlexBar and lift your arm up and out on the side of your body
- Oscillate the FlexBar while balancing for 20-30 seconds
- Rest and repeat with the opposite site
Rehab Station Calf Raise
- Place the Stability Trainers in the middle of the Exercise Station
- Stand with both feet on the Stability Trainers and grab the resistance tubes from their handles by holding them near your waist
- Lift your heels off the floor, by keeping your elbows straight
- Slowly return to starting position. Repeat 12-15 times
The Theraband Stability Trainers are available in three densities to provide a progressive system of balance training for rehab, post-rehab conditioning and fitness applications. The color-coded progressive system includes Green (Beginner) and Blue (Intermediate) Stability Trainers which are filled with foam and the Black (Advanced) air-filled Stability Trainer.
Find the suitable Stability Trainer level for you and
Elevate Performance | Accelerate Recovery!