If you never used a Theraband PRO Foam Roller before it’s probably time to include in your weekly exercise program! If you are wondering why in this article, we give you everything you need to know about Theraband Foam Rollers, plus some exercises that will elevate your performance or/and accelerate your recovery process.
What is the Theraband Foam Roller?
The Theraband PRO Foam Rollers serve as a novel tool for hands-free self-myofascial release technique which provides the user with the ability to control the healing and recovery process by applying pressure in specific locations. Also, they are suitable for deep tissue massage in order to relieve muscle tightness, soreness and inflammation, and for stabilisation exercises. Foam Rollers can be used before, during or after exercise to strengthen the core, build balance or improve the range of motion.
Theraband Foam Rollers come in two different lengths. The 30cm foam roller – which is the shortest – is suitable for smaller areas such as arms and calves. The 91cm foam roller – the longest Theraband Foam Roller – among otherσ is also suitable to perform exercises.
Following we present you 3 strength moves and 3 recovery exercises to perform with your Theraband PRO Foam Roller.
- Position the foam roller between the wall and your mid back
- With your feet shoulder-width apart, squat down into the roller
- Once the roller touches your shoulder blades, slowly stand back up
- Repeat for a desired number of reps
- Sit on the floor with the roller directly behind you
- Reach both of your arms behind your hips and position your hands shoulder-width apart on the foam roller
- Extend your legs so that your heels are the only thing touching the floor
- Bend your elbows 90 degrees and lift up for a desired number of reps
Side Plank with Leg Raises:
- Lie on your left side with your left hand on the middle of the foam roller
- Lift your hips, aligned with your shoulders, and raise your right arm straight at shoulder height
- Lift your right leg up to hip height, without lifting or lowering your hips
- Return your foot back to the floor and repeat for a desired number of reps
- Switch to the opposite side
- Sit in front of the foam roller and gently lean back across the roller, with your elbows, forearms and heels planted firmly
- Stabilising with the elbows and forearms, dig in with both heels to roll body forward and backwards across the roller
- Allow knees to fully bend and then straighten to roll the length of the back muscles
- Reposition as needed and control the pressure through controlling the amount of weight on the roller
Hip Flexor Release:
- Lie across the foam roller, with elbows and forearms planted firmly on the ground
- Scoot to the far edge of the roller and place your left foot and knee on the floor.
- Gently pull with elbows and forearms to roll back and forth with small strokes in the right groin region
- Shift slightly your body weight right and left to target a specific region.
- Side-lie with the foam roller placed diagonally in front of your hips and top thigh draped across the roller
- Push with bottom foot and leg to rotate toward the floor, to roll the length of the adductor muscles
- Continue rolling back and forth, alternating between side-lying to partial stomach-lying positions to work a continuous release of the adductors
- Gently shift your body weight to target a specific region
For maximised results, we suggest you to use the foam roller in conjunction with the Theraband Foam Roller Wraps+. Even though a Foam Roller can be used by itself, coupling it with a wrap will have a deeper effect on sore muscles and offer a better balance while using it. They are available in four successive colors of progressive tensity, which are designed to support varying degrees of tissue mobilization. Choose the right Theraband Foam Roller Wrap+ according to your needs:
- Yellow-Extra Soft: Provides a soft rigid surface to manipulate the sorest of muscles
- Red-Soft: Provides one step up rigidness to allow you to get an even deeper massage
- Green-Firm: Perfect for post-workout myofascial release
- Blue-Extra Firm: Provides the deepest tissue massage
Using a foam roller with a wrap can also help increase your muscle flexibility and range of motion!
Order yours today and
Elevate Performance | Accelerate Recovery!